- 170,000 KRW++ per night for a Superior Room (1-2 persons) — approx. $151 USD / 133 Euros
- 220,000 KRW++ per night for a Superior Room (3 persons) — approx. $195 USD / 173 Euros
- 225,000 KRW++ per night for a Deluxe Room (1-2 persons) — approx. $200 USD / 176 Euros
- 275,000 KRW++ per night for a Deluxe Room (3 persons) — approx. $244 USD / 216 Euros
* As a courtesy for those staying longer, room rates are valid from July 24 – August 9, 2019.
++ Taxes & Service Fees are not included.
- A $50 USD discount off of the G19 adult registration fee
- Free buffet breakfast at the hotel from Tuesday, July 30 through Saturday, August 3
Come try your hand at a World Series-style No-Limit Hold ‘Em poker tournament at the Paradise Casino (Sheraton Walker Hill)! With another extra $1,500 added to the pot, you might win thousands, plus some other great prizes!
Cost: USD $70 (KRW 80,000 — includes processing fees)
Age: 1996 or earlier
Time: Buses to leave the Lotte at 11 AM, tournament to begin about 12:30 or so and should last for 4 hours.
Lunch will be provided by the casino. Re-entries allowed for the first hour. Newbies welcome — “cheat-sheets” allowed! Gallery fans also allowed.
No limit on participants.
The first 50 persons to sign up (and pay the entrance fee) will receive a beautiful card protector (see photo below)! And cash and additional prizes for the top finishers, as well as for the highest placing female player and first person to bust out!
5th Annual IKAA Leadership Development Program (LDP)
In 2014, IKAA began hosting Leadership Development Programs at each IKAA Gathering, as these events provide our community with unique opportunities to bring together the leadership of adoptee–led organizations from around the world. We are happy to announce that the IKAA G16 will host the 3rd Annual Leadership Development Program (LDP).
The objective of the 3rd Annual LDP will be to encourage deeper connections between the various organizations and promote team building which will ultimately strengthen the IKAA Network and our individual organizations. This will be accomplished by offering a series of 3 activities throughout the week leading up to the IKAA Annual Convention on Sunday:
- Leadership Networking (Monday)
- Leadership Team Building & Developing Communication Skills (Thursday)
- Guest Presentations Led by the International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL) & Breakout-Group Discussion – “IKAA: The Next 5 Years” (Friday)
The target audience for the Leadership Development Program are adoptees and other Gathering registrants who are leaders in their respective organizations. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend all sessions.
It does not matter if your organization is not a member of IKAA or if you serve a group that’s just starting out, however we ask that if you are not a representative from an IKAA Member Association and would like to participate, please contact us at [email protected] no later than July 31st.